Monday, April 14, 2008

Things That Are Awesome: Green & Black's Hot Chocolate

I've decided to start a semi-regular thing on my blog. Things that are awesome. Frequently I find gadgets or yummy packaged foods that I think everyone should know about. First up - chocolatey yumminess.

gbhotchocolate_003

I have a love affair with Green & Black's chocolates. They're all fair trade and organic and almost all of them are vegan. You have seriously never tasted chocolate this amazing. You don't want to chew it, just put little pieces in your mouth and let it melt on your tongue. It's really unfair to yourself to eat it faster than that. Plus, the chocolate lasts a little longer that way because you'll end up eating less each time.

Green & Black's is a UK company and they have some flavors across the pond that we can't get over here. I've actually had a friend of mine from over there send me some because she knew how much I like it. And let me say this, too: I'm not a chocolate fiend. I don't eat chocolate very often, I have to be in the mood for it. I'm more of a salty craving gal. Give me some fries or plain potato chips or Tings over chocolate any day. Unless you're going to offer me some Green & Black's.

gbhotchocolate_004

Loving Green & Black's the way I do, I was intrigued when I saw that they had hot chocolate. I actually found this the first time in the drug store. Sometimes it pays to walk down an aisle randomly. I never ever buy hot chocolate because I'm rather partial to the way I make it from scratch. It's so easy to do it yourself and hot chocolate mixes always pale in flavor in comparison to homemade. Until now!

gbhotchocolate_002

Check out what it looks like, too. This is no wimpy powdered mix, this is little tiny pieces of chocolate. You know what else is awesome? If you ever wish you could have hot chocolate when you're not at home, you can use this. Get some of those little single servings thingies of soy milk and keep them at work along with this and you can have a nice afternoon snack.

I actually really like to cut up some Sweet & Sara marshmallows and let them swim around in the chocolateyness. That is a fantastic way to give yourself some dessert after dinner without eating those last 3 cupcakes that are calling your name.

gbhotchocolate_005

Even Piper wants some!

gbhotchocolate_001

16 comments:

  1. i received some greens and black's chocolate in a swap. i think it was orange and spice. and it was absolutely awesome.
    this hot chocolate looks amazing...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore Green and Black's but I have never seen their hot chocolate. Thanks for the tip - I will check it out this weekend when I am away - should be able to find it.

    Your cat is just way too cute! And the mug......super sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If life is like a box of Green & Black's Hot Chocolate, then its time for me to buy another box, I seemed to have already devoured all the good ones.Life is like a box of chocolates, the best ones are half eaten!!

    I love chocolate. Have you ever seen a chocolate fountain? It is
    wonderful! Check this out..

    http://www.sarahs-sweet-fountains.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. That hot chocolate with S&S marshmallows is Ki-ill-illing me! It sounds SO perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm, hot chocolate... This looks so incredible...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, high-quality hot chocolate and vegan marshmallows... I don't think it gets any better than that! The cup of chai I'm drinking now seriously pales in comparison.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that brand! It looks like your kitty does, too... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh you are so lucky! And I am so jealous! I loooove hot chocolate....okay, I love any kind of chocolate. We don't get that brand in this country....so sad! Your blog is great, I'm really enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. G&B hot chocolate IS awesome. I got some of the Mayo Gold variety in December, and while it's really good I think next time I'd go for the straight plain chocolate kind.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello, foudn your blog thru the PPK. Green & Black's Hot Choccy is the BEST, so so nice in winter. I didn't try it with S&S marshmallows but I will next time ;)

    Mandee xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. uh this looks amazing! I must procure myself some for this coming winter :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wasn't able to find this in the store for quite a while, then this evening I noticed it back on the shelves. Past experience has taught me to always recheck the label when a product has been gone for a while - and I was horrified to find that they now put milk in this product. Very disappointing G&B! I suspect this influence from Cadbury's buyout of Greens & Black.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm super disappointed to hear that. Why is it that when big companies buy out the little ones they screw up the very product they bought?! Hopefully they'll keep the chocolates Fair Trade. Now I'm going to make sure to reread all of the labels before I buy even the bars.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is top of my next shopping list... In fact, screw the list, I'm making the trip for this alone!

    ReplyDelete
  15. They did not add the milk; I think it is just a relabeling to indicate what has always been there - a trace from the processing equipment. See their web site.

    ReplyDelete
  16. In Canada, they did add milk. The ingredients now include "whole milk powder" as an ingredient. It's not just listed as "may contain traces of". I know that sometimes US and Canada get different products, so maybe that's what it is. Even on their website, they list that in the ingredients. :(

    ReplyDelete