Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The End of Brownie Fail

There are two things that I've never been able to make successfully; brownies and pancakes.  The pancakes usually taste okay, but they look like a crazy person made them, so I don't really sweat that one.  No matter how recipe I use, no matter how hard I try, I end up with brownie fail.  Yes, before you ask, I've tried everything.  I've used glass pans, metal pans, turned the oven up, turned the oven down, used less liquid, used more liquid, baked them for shorter or longer.  You might wonder why I keep trying when I know how these things are going to turn out.  I don't know, I just always hope that one day things will be different. 

raspberryBrownies_001

Veganomicon saved brownies.  Seriously.  I've made these awesome brownies a bunch of times and they always come out fantastic. At first I was skeptical of blueberries in a brownie.  I have no idea why, but I made these with the blueberries the first time.  The cool thing about that is that you can't immediately recognize what fruit is in the brownie.  You just notice how unbelievably moist it is.  The cool thing about using jam as part of the sweetener is that the brownie doesn't taste like plain sugar.  Some people might like that, but I'm one of those people that tend to scrape frosting off of cupcakes leaving only a tiny bit.  I actually had a coworker once that would take my discarded frosting and eat it by itself.  That's kind of hilarious.

Go make these awesome fruity brownies.  I've tried using blueberries, raspberries and cherries so far.  All of them have turned out wonderful.  I even did a blueberry/raspberry mixture once when I had some leftover berries of each in the fridge.  Yum!  I think I might try using blackberries or even loganberries when they're in season next.  Yum!

One thing to keep in mind when making brownies - I have learned that using a metal pan versus a glass pan typically works out better.  If you're having epic brownie fail like I was, you might try making these in one of those pans.  You won't be sorry, I promise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment